Sunday, June 1, 2008

wrestling.

You hear a lot about people wrestling animals, but I’m not really into that. Some guys might think it’s cool or manly to put a crocodile in a full-nelson, but I just think full-nelsons are uncomfortable, regardless of species.

It’s not so much that I would be worried about my personal safety if I wrestled a crocodile; it’s more a matter of the Golden Rule. I wouldn’t want to be walking down the street, minding my own business, and some crocodile gets all up in my grill and puts me in a headlock. “I have places to go, Mr. Crocodile. I don’t just have time to stop and wrestle whenever you feel like it.”

I guess I just figure that since I wouldn’t appreciate an impromptu wrestling match, I probably shouldn’t impose an impromptu wrestling match on others. It's common courtesy.

4 comments:

CJ said...

Hi Clint, I completely agree. But there was something that was wrenching my brain last night as I tossed and turned last night in bed. Everyone is always sending their 4 and 5 year olds off to Pre-school. Pre-school? I thought that's what they were doing BEFORE they left to their montessory. The juiceboxes, Mr. Rogers, Crayons, and shopping at Bashas with Mom. Isn't THAT pre-school? It would be like me referring to your 9 hours at work as being PRE-work, or my actual cleansing as PRE-shower. Please help me with my conflict.

Love, Cadeson Eagar

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

I hate to call your bluff but you sure as heck like to wrestle K-Kill...and bite him, and throw things at his crotch while he is sleeping. I could go on forever but will save you the humiliation.

blakeblakeblakeblake said...

mom had a really good point, you attack her and she is a lot more innocent than any reptile.

blakeblakeblakeblake said...

Clint,

I like all of your entries and I really like the one on littering. Forbes