Thursday, October 16, 2008

optimism.

I am all about the power of positive thinking. I try very hard to be a the glass is half full kind of guy. I even try to encourage other people to have positive attitudes. For instance, whenever I go through the drive-through at a fast food restaurant I always let the workers know that they probably won’t be stuck in their sucky job forever. “Just hang tight buddy. Things will get better,” I assure them while reaching out my car window to apprehend the grease-drenched bag. “Oh, and my wife would like a different soda. She says she saw you touch the straw. Thanks.”

Why do I do it? Well, because I am of the opinion that pretty much everybody would benefit from cranking up the optimism a notch or two. The only exception is gambling addicts. As a group, gambling addicts are way too optimistic. Collectively, we need to bring them down a peg. But other than that, yeah, pretty much everyone. Go optimism!

6 comments:

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

Me and your computer thank you for your new post. One time I was picking up a pizza at Dominos and the guy making the pizzas sneezed into his hands and then went right back to work. G-ross!
Good point about the gambling optimism. I need a new hobby maybe I will pick that one up.

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

Oh, and I want to hear three positive things about Delaney peeing all over you. I will give you one:
1) I washed and dried your shirt. If you are luck I might even fold it. Plus I felt so bad I didn't even have you pay me for the product. (I guess that is two.)

mad white woman said...

This is what I love about your posts. They begin as typical observations. And then your thoughts are jerked into an entirely different direction before you realize what's going on.

blakeblakeblakeblake said...

right now I am sitting in my CIS class refusing to pay attention to how 'right-clicking' will change the world (wide web). In fact, my teacher should be grouped with gamblers in the 'way too optimistic' category. About 5 minutes ago he assured this class of 250 people that over half of us will walk on the moon. He sounded so confident with our advancements in technology but right now he is swearing under his breath (which isn't exactly inaudible thanks to the microphone clipped on to his shirt collar) because his computer is frozen. Let's take one small step for mankind and get your computer up and running before I'm forced to put on your malfunctioning spacesuit.

ryan hoffman photography said...

I know all about gambling optimism. While I have never gambled real money, I have recently been wasting some of my spare time with vegas style solitaire on my computer. Each time I deal and I am an additional $52 in the hole, I tell my wife, "Don't worry, Alex. I'll win it back." I will NEVER gamble for real.

Emily Lauren said...

Oh no, where did your hospital post go? I tried to comment on it and it looks like its gone. That was by far the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time, ha ha.
I want to be there when it happens. In fact, I can be the one to make sure Angela sticks to her word.
Can't wait.