Sunday, January 9, 2011

preparation.

As my personality predisposes me for procrastination and forgetfulness, Angela sure loves it when she finds me prepared and ready to go in a prompt fashion. If, for instance, on Sunday morning I am standing at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in white shirt and tie, slacks ironed, and shoes shined a full ten minutes before church is scheduled to start, she exudes appreciation and delight. This is why I was really surprised the other day when I was closing in on Angela to kiss her and, in the very spirit of preparation that she so enjoys, stuck my tongue out while still some twelve to fifteen inches away from her face; as I continued my tongue-out descent towards her mouth, I was shocked to see her grimace and turn away, gagging.

I must say, I just don’t understand women. So darn fickle.

3 comments:

cherryl said...

This short post was funny... but the post just beneath about the wings... how did you only get 3 comments. It was so funny I was laughing out loud. Seriously, so so funny. I am still laughing.

clintclintclintclint said...

Some of my very favorite posts have almost no comments at all. I find that there is little correlation between the two.

Thanks for you kind words though.

Myke said...

You're on a roll, Clint. Don't stop.