Tuesday, August 12, 2008

olympics schmolympics.

So the Olympics seem to be a pretty big deal lately. Everyone’s all a’rage about the swimming. But to me, it’s not that impressive. Even though the swimmers are probably going pretty fast, I easily go four to five times that fast everyday in my car. And no one ever gives me a medal. If the Olympics people want swimming to appear more impressive they should dedicate the middle lane not to some hairless wonder with a speedy qualifying time, but rather to an average person. That way, when all the Olympians finish a full six minutes ahead of Barbara Kowalski, thirty-six year old bank teller from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, everyone will be like “Wow, did you see how Phelps freaking rocked that bank teller? That was impressive.” Ratings will skyrocket.

6 comments:

angela hardison said...

It would be especially amusing if I was the average person competing, huh.

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

You should write the olympic committee about that. How bout you offer to do the vault or something of thresort

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

I guess thresort is a word because my spell check didn't pick it up.

Chris and Christy said...

You know, this idea could really make the Olympics interesting if you really think about it....I mean, I would really like to see Barbara Kowalski attempt boxing; then we would really see how good the other boxers are.

Chris

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

Time for a new post punk.

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

The Olympics are over and so should this post be.